A couple weekends ago, Brad and I were having "one of those" Saturdays where we were feeling *blah* and NOTHING sounded fun to do. Nothing. Well, that was until we decided to have our own Iron Chef competition.
We gave ourselves a $20.00 price limit, walked to Trader Joes and picked out a 3-course meal full of food we wouldn't "normally" choose.

Checking out the goods

The "secret" ingredient? ....um....we skipped that rule

Only 30 minutes to prepare everything

There were some tense moments... "An artichoke? How do I cook an artichoke?"

But we quickly figured out what to do... and it was smooth sailing from there on!

30 minutes later, we had a delicious dinner of ricotta stuffed chicken, steamed artichokes, and tomato and basil bruschetta

Followed by a scrumptious fruit tart
Overall, a very successful, fun, and yummy (but mostly yummy) date!
6 comments:
That is the cutest date night idea I've heard in a while. Looks like you guys had a blast.
What a fantastic idea! I am drooling over all of those pictures! I would love all of those things -- even the artichoke!
That is such a good idea! I think Chris and I will have to try that out. So who did you decide was the winner of the competition?
Wow you 2 are so domestic!! *Tear* Looks delish!!
im so jealous...i miss trader joes with all my heart!!! your food looks delicious...im jealous of your cooking skills as well.
I love that idea!! I need to get Jerry to try something like that with me. I love to try new and different recipes!
Post a Comment