First things first: Brad is home from Utah! (And has been for about 3 weeks!) After 3 weeks of commuting back and forth, the project focus shifted from Utah and he was given another assignment back in San Fran. I was soooo glad for him to come home. My sweet neighbors took great care of me while he was gone: feeding me dinner, taking out my trash cans, making me yummy peanut butter shakes! (That was my favorite!) Thanks Andrews- you guys are the best!
I got a new church calling in January (has it really been that long since an update?) I am the Beehive Advisor, meaning I teach the lesson each Sunday to the 12-13 year old girls in my ward. I also get to participate in really fun mutual activities on Wednesday nights. Another perk with being in the youth program, is that I get to volunteer Brad for fun activities too. This Saturday we are chaperoning a multi-stake Priest/Laurel ball from 7-11 pm. Brad is so excited! Actually, we both love our callings with the youth (Brad in Sunday School, me in Young Womens) and enjoy all activities with them.
We are currently placing bets to see how many people think that we are a Priest/Laurel couple and not chaperones. I'm guessing five.
Over President’s Day weekend we took a quick trip down to visit my family in San Diego. It was a great trip, and we were able to see all of my grandparents as well. The weather didn’t cooperate too much, and some of the family was sick, but we still managed to have a good time! We always get taken care of when we go home! I convinced my mom and sister to come up and stay with me for 4 days while Brad is in Chicago for work. They are coming out in a little over 2 weeks and we are going to have a fun girls weekend!
And lastly, but certainly not least, I am very excited for this:
5 comments:
...Brad is gonna have to keep a close eye when the boys try to dance with you at the ball ;)
Im glad you guys are doing well!! wish we lived closer to you...
Love the update. Glad to see you guys are doing well. Let us know if you ever want to hang out. We would love to see you guys.
I am jealous you guys are still in CA! NJ is just too cold for anyone to live here and be happy during th winter. What a small world! Erik Scofield was in my stake--he will know me as Allie Jagoda. Yay for cheesecake factory--we loved going to the one in Sacramento by the temple! Glad you are doing well!
Lauren oh Lauren I do envy you being out of the college bubble, on to real life, a calling in young womens, a husband who has a real job and not just a part-time supplement to pay the bills...you're livin the life! We can't wait to be graduated and out of Rexburg (hopefully to someplace warm and straight into the youth program wherever we move to!!) everything sounds great and i can't wait to see you in may!!
When you finally get to Cheesecake Factory, it's all about their white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert. My favorite!
Post a Comment