Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter Weekend

Brad and I started our Easter weekend on Saturday by coloring eggs and going to Wicked. Okay, so Wicked really had nothing to do with Easter, except we happened to get tickets for that day. But it was amazing and deserved an entire post to itself (see below).

I have to apologize to the rest of the Hardcastles for being a party pooper this year. Our colored eggs were just that: colored. Brad was a little disappointed, and I promised him next year I would be more on top of things and we’d make the family proud! For those of you who aren't familiar with how Brad's family decorates eggs, please see this post. They go all out and are always so creative. I think being creative is dipping an egg into two colors instead of one. Yes, I know, I have a lot to learn!

Brad and his inner "Iron Chef"

Monster eyes

Go Cougars!

Sunday, we found the Easter baskets that we had made for each other. Brad surprised me with some gardening tools (which have already been put to good use... stay tuned for more info), a bundt pan (for monkey bread... ulterior motive on his part), and some other cute things.

That night we invited some friends from the ward over and had a yummy Easter dinner of ham, cheesy potatoes, string beans (from Grandpa’s garden- yum!), and salad. Dessert was covered by the massive amounts of Cadbury eggs, and Reeses peanut butter eggs we got earlier that morning.

The best part of the day was being able to attend church and give thanks to my Heavenly Father for His Son, who sacrificed so much for all of us. As I reflect upon His life, death, and resurrection I am overwhelmed with how much love He has for each and every one of us. I am truly grateful for the knowledge I have that He lives, and we will all be able to live with Him again.

Happy Easter to all!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok...don't feel too bad. We didn't even dye ANY eggs and we have a kid. Maybe next year...or not:)

Susie mama said...

Hey guys, I like your Easter Eggs! Keeping up with the traditions. Way to go. Can you believe I am making on comment on your blog? Do you feel the Love?

Crohns Ninja said...

That is just plain terrible! I cried all Easter because Mom and Dad boycotted and wouldn't let us even look at eggs, not even paint them!!

Anna M said...

Cute, creative eggs and fun trip to see Wicked!