They flew up on Thursday night and then took the BART into Walnut Creek. Taryn sure thought that she was hot stuff getting to ride in an airplane with her very own TV and pink earphones. It was a full flight, so she sat in the middle seat and made conversation with a perfect stranger the entire flight. He was a middle-aged guy that had carried on his dog. He was so sweet to Taryn and listened to her chatter the entire 1 1/2 hours. What a nice guy! And then, as if her trip couldn't get any better, she got to ride in a "fast train" for another hour! She was on top of the world... and she hadn't even gotten to my house yet!
I was able to take Friday off of work, so we had the entire day to play. We went to Color Me Mine in Lafayette and painted our own ceramic mugs. They all turned out really cute! I didn't get any pictures of us painting, but here is Taryn's final product:
After, we went to lunch at a yummy salad place called Buckhorn Grill. I knew my mom would love it because she absolutely loves salads. (We ended up going back there for lunch on Monday because she liked it so much!)
Then we went home and gave each other pedicures and watched Enchanted. Even though I picked the movie because I thought Taryn would enjoy it... I think my mom and I enjoyed it even more than she did!
On Saturday morning we visited "PixieLand" where Taryn got to ride rides made "just for her". She was in 7th heaven.
The rest of the weekend was full of shopping, Chipotle, making homemade bread, movies, walks, naps, and relaxing!
They flew back on Monday afternoon, and I had to work for a half-day before they left for the airport. During the morning while I was at work, my mom cleaned my entire house (ok, it's only a 2 bedroom, but still!) and reorganized my linen closet. It looked so much better! Aren't moms the greatest?
With they could have stayed longer, but I'm so glad they came! Can't wait to see them and the rest of the family in May when I got home for Janelle's wedding!
3 comments:
I can't believe how big Taryn has gotten! I guess it's been a little while since I've seen her! And man you 2 just look more alike every day! ;)
Are you sure you fit that all into one weekend? Sounds like the Ultimate Girls Weekend! How fun!
You are so lucky that your mom and sister came for a visit!!! I want my mom! I can't believe how old Taryn is getting! She is such a doll. Enchanted is a cute movie...Lexi loves it.
Post a Comment