While we were in New York, we had a little time to do some sightseeing, and we started with Niagara Falls in Buffalo, NY. The falls were absolutely breathtaking!
My mom and I in front of Horseshoe Falls (the one that crazy people barrel over)
The Maid of the Mist boat. It takes you right next to the falls... and yes, you get soaked!
This is the Cave of the Winds, basically another excuse to get wet!
A good view of all 3 falls: American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe
The Rainbow Bridge that connects the USA to Canada. We didn't have our passports, to we didn't venture across. Maybe next time.The next day we drove to Palmyra and spent the afternoon exploring some Church History sights. Jordan and Jessica sure picked a great time of year to get married, because the weather was perfect and everything was SO green!
The flowers were gorgeous- the hill is just behind them.
Sacred Grove. Yes I was really there... and I have the mosquito bites to prove it.
Smith Family Cabin. It was built in 1998 after 20 years of research to make sure it was as close to the original as possible.Saturday was wedding day! We had been worried about the forecasted thunder storms, but the rain held off until we were cleaning up from the reception. It turned out to be a beautifully bright (and hot) day.
The Hymas Family (minus bride & groom)
The whole wedding party. I really liked her colors (probably because they reminded me of my own!)
Can you tell it was really bright?
Nick, Jordan's best friend from Texas and my good friend from BYU, and his wife Elyssa came from DC for the wedding. It was great to see them... and to officially meet her
Me and Jordie! Love you cuz!
The whole wedding party. I really liked her colors (probably because they reminded me of my own!)
Can you tell it was really bright?
Nick, Jordan's best friend from Texas and my good friend from BYU, and his wife Elyssa came from DC for the wedding. It was great to see them... and to officially meet her
Me and Jordie! Love you cuz!

4 comments:
Gorgeous pictures! I am jealous! Looks like you guys are having fun!
You had great weather; you are not dripping in sweat in the photos which is the norm for summer in NY. Fun trip!
Anna M
Looks like fun! I love the picture with the flowers!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! In 2 days. :) Do something crazy fun!
Aw I love Jordan!! And Vanessa looks so grown up! So fun that you got to make the trip and see all those sights.
Post a Comment