
Last Saturday Brad and I drove into Placerville, CA to explore the very popular Apple Hill Orchards. Apple Hill has over 50 ranches, full of pumpkin patches, christmas tree farms, wineries, u-pick fruit farms, and of course all things APPLE: apple juice, apple cider, apple pies, apple turnovers, caramel apples, etc. The apples were the best I've ever eaten, the juice was the best, and so was the caramel apple... and, well, it was just one yummy treat after another!

It was the perfect time to visit, all the leaves were turning and colors were so pretty!

One of the pretty wineries

I was loving this vintage car

Brad was loving his caramel apple. (PS- Ask for it sliced. Makes eating it 10x more enjoyable!) This place had every type of caramel apple you could ever imagine- and some you would never think of- but let's be honest, traditional caramel and nuts is the best!


Our last stop of the day. They had the best Golden Delicious Apples and the prettiest flowers!
We are so lucky to live where we do! Although California certainly has it's downsides (traffic, state budget crisis, cost of living) it is such a beautiful place to live and we love it!
3 comments:
Seriously you guys are so lucky to live where you do! You can do many fun things!! A couple weeks ago I went on a fieldtrip with my 2nd graders to an apple orchard and had all things apple as well--so yummy!!
How fun! I hear you on caramel apples--but not with nuts. Have you been to Rocky Mountain Chocolate? Their "apple pie" apple is to die for.
Looks fun! We never went there and are bummed that we missed out on some yummy apples. Nice job on the pictures of the McFadden's. They turned out well. (I am assuming you are the Lauren they were talking about!)
Post a Comment