Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pink or Blue?

I love the hand to the forehead pose... he's a thinker already!

Here is our precious baby... BOY! I guess mother's intuition was replaced by 'father knows best', because Brad has called boy from the beginning. I, on the other hand, was seeing pink this whole time and it took me by surprise when I was proved wrong!

Baby boy measured 8 inches long, weighed in at a whopping 11 ounces... and I can already tell he is adorable. :)

Now that we know it's a boy the shopping has begun! Brad was a great sport as I dragged him around Saturday, first to a huge baby sale and then to Babies R Us to register. And although it has mostly been fun, it has also been a little stressful. Am I alone in this? I tossed and turned the other night because my mind was racing with so many thoughts: "Did I pick the safest travel system?" "What colors would be best for the nursery?"-- who knew the baby would bring so much stress before he's even born!

We are getting excited for our trip to Utah next week where we will celebrate Grandma Odie's 80th birthday and a baby shower for me! YEAH!

5 comments:

Sean and Abby said...

how exciting!! I was totally seeing pink like you, but either way it's just as exciting :)

congrats!!!

Lindsey Bunjes said...

Utah? What part? I want to see you so bad!!!!

Carissa said...

:) Hooray! Try not to stress about nesting--it's supposed to be fun, right?

Urry Family said...

Deep thinker nothing. Looks like pretty good fly-fishing form, doesn't it? He will absolutely LOVE fly-fishing with Dad, Grandpa Hardcastle and his uncle Hardcastles. Now baseball? He'll get that fill on his visits with Grandpa Urry!!!! We'll keep him balanced!!
-- Dad Urry

Mandy Sue said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!