Sunday, September 4, 2011

Owen's Birthday Party

We celebrated Owen's birthday last week so that my parents could join us.  I figure Owen would never know the difference, since he barely understood what was going on anways!  All he knew was that there were bright, shiny things attached to his high chair, all of his favorite people were over at the house, and that he got some new toys.   What more could a kid ask for?
We kept the celebration small and only had about 10 immediate family members over.  For dinner we had Owen's favorite: pizza & pasta!   We played a fun "All About Owen" game, opened presents, and then gathered around to see Owen *not* demolish his birthday cake.  All he did was touch it with one finger, and then crumble it into tiny pieces!  Even when I dipped his pacifier in the frosting he seemed disgusted that I even offered it back to him.  I couldn't believe it.  The boy who eats everything, wanted nothing to do with his own birthday cake.  Oh well, we still got some cute pictures which is what it's all about anyways, right?!

 Happy Birthday banner & Pompoms that I made.  Cute & easy!
 Owen excited to greet everyone!  He knew something was up.


 Some of the yummy spread my mom helped me with.  It was all so yummy, especially those Oreo balls.  Definitely my new favorite treat.  YUM!

 After a frantic cry for help the night before, Brad saved the day and decorated the cake.  We used crushed graham crackers for the "sand" and then he freehanded the beach ball.  Pretty simple, but I thought it turned out really cute!

Ready to open some presents!

He wasted no time and got right to trying out his new tee set.  It was right after this that he took his first steps!  We were all going crazy, as you can imagine. 
Time for cake, as you can see he's not quite sure what's going on.
But quickly decides cake is not for him!

"Isn't it funny how you all have your cameras out, and I refuse to eat my cake!  Here I'll touch it for you, but that's all you'll get from me!"

In the end, we resigned to the fact that he didn't like cake and just let him play with it. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN!  WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: