Sunday, June 23, 2013

Herriman Days, Bees Game & Blackridge!

Last Friday we headed over to Butterfield Park to enjoy Herriman Days.  Owen loved looking at all of the cars at the car show, and then the fire trucks/tractors/trash trucks/etc. at "Touch a Truck".  We ended the night by keeping the boys up waaaay past bed time (11:30!) and staying for the outdoor movie that they showed.  I was nervous because the movie didn't even start until 9:30 and bedtime is 7:00 (Porter) and 8:00 (Owen) but they both did great!  Owen loved the movie, which we knew he would.  It was "Despicable Me", one of his favorites.  He calls it the "Funny Movie".   He also loved the popcorn and drink and snacks... living the dream!  Porter loved the huge screen and kept his eyes on the movie almost the whole time.  He got a little fussy the last 20 minutes or so, but that's not bad considering how late it was!

Owen loved fire trucks, but apparently only from a distance.  He wasn't too sure about sitting in this kid-sized one.  He was afraid the siren was going to go off.  (This kid has the most sensitive ears of anyone I know.  Fireworks, sirens, radio...even the max A/C is too loud for him sometimes!)

Someone is happy to be up past bedtime!
 
Porter sporting his jammies for the evening. 

Apparently sucking on a zipper is more exciting that taking a picture with Mom.
 
 
 
On Tuesday, Brad's parents watched the boys and we enjoyed a Bees baseball game with Chris & Angie.  It was fun to spend time with them without the little guys in tow.  We got to have adult conversation!  And I got to have peanut butter M&M's!  (Owen is allergic to peanuts & almonds... so I can only break out the goods when he's not around.) The game was fun, the Bees won, and I snuck in a weekday date with my man!  I'd call that a good night. 
 
Brad, Chris & Angie

Cute couple!

 
 
 
Saturday was the Grand Re-opening of Blackridge Reservoir, which is just a couple miles from our house.  We loaded up and boys and decided to brave potential crowds and enjoy the "beach" (as Owen calls it) for a few hours.  Surprisingly, it wasn't very crowded!  We enjoyed free hotdogs, drinks, music, games, giveaway prizes, and some beautiful weather.  The boys had fun playing in the water (Owen) & eating the sand (Porter).  I forget how hard this age is for babies at the beach.  All they want to do is eat sand!  Blackridge looks amazing!  The city has been working on it during the off-season and they paved the parking lot, added a concession stand, bathrooms, a playground for kids, and put in pavilions, picnic tables & grass.  It was fun and I know we'll be headed there many more times this summer.
Such a good dad. 

Porter loving the water! 

We took about 10 pictures of this shot and this was the best it got with a baby & a toddler.  Oh well!

Porter's runny nose & allergies starting acting up towards the end.  He's looking sort of miserable in this picture, but he was actually really happy the whole time.

Owen wasn't a fan of his life jacket, but with a little distracting he finally relented.  He is too quick to go without it!

Not the best picture of P-man, but proof that I was there too. 
 
I love family days like this!  Here's to hoping we can squeeze in a lot more before Brad goes back to school in July. (Aah!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love Blackridge. I just don't know if I have the energy to take a toddler up there by myself. Sigh. R man hates sand with a passion. :)