This has been sitting in my drafts for months now... figured it was time to publish
*I curled my hair for church one Sunday, which I never do. Wasn't feeling that great about it, so Brad asked Owen, "Owen, doesn't Mommy look pretty?" To which Owen replied, "Mommy, pretty. OOOOOH-- Mommy, hair!" Warmed my little heart.
*When Porter spits up or drools, Owen grabs a burp cloth or bib and wipes Porter's mouth while saying "sfits, sfits".
*While working out to a Jillian Michaels DVD, Owen walked into the room and looked at the TV. He saw the girls working out in their sports bras and asked "Mommy, belly?", while proceeding to lift up his own shirt and start jumping around. Now anytime I work out (even without the DVD) he still asks me, "Mommy, belly?" Sorry, Owen... this belly is better left covered up!
*Brad likes to "look" into Owen's belly each night and "see" what he ate during the day. (Usually with some helpful hints from me). Last night we asked Owen to "look" and see what Daddy ate. Owen put his eye up to Brad's belly button and loudly exclaimed, "PICKLES!?"
*When Owen really wants me to do something for him he says, "Mommy, 1...2...3... NOW!" Hmm, where has he heard that one before?
*Owen is only allowed to have his teddy & pacifier when he goes to sleep. Some days he has an easier time giving it up during awake time than others. The other day he was really, really wanting it so he told me "Owen tired". And I asked him "Really, Owen, you are tired?" And he said, "Yeah, Owen tired..... Aaaaaahhh" And promptly yawned and stretched his arms. So cute, but I saw through his cleverness! Smart boy. (Obviously a few months ago... no more pacifier now!)
*How Owen loves to climb into Porter's crib and "play" with him after every nap. I have to supervise to make sure the playing doesn't get too rough, but they both love it!
*Owen singing along to any & every song he hears. Even for the first time and he makes up the words as he goes. Future choir boy right here!
*"Owen do it". Enough said.
* Now that Owen is potty trained, he is used to hearing praise every time he successfully uses the potty. So now, anytime that he sees me or Brad use the potty he tells us "Good job Mommy/Daddy!" Many times he will knock on the door to offer his support to "You go potty?" "Push it out, you get jelly beans" "I so proud of you".
*Owen loves to make Porter laugh. And Porter loves to see his big brother. If he's not around, he looks for him.
*As I walked across the street to put a note in my neighbor's mailbox, Owen came out on the front porch and caught me. He yelled across the street "Mommy, you no do that. You get back here right now!" Guess someone HAS been listening when I tell him we don't cross the street by ourselves.
*The other night Brad got Owen to do his "Bruce" face (shark from Finding Nemo) while shimmying his shoulders and giving us a "#1" sign for BYU. It was the BYU Bruce Shimmy... so funny.
*Porter trying so hard to be big-- taking hot wheels cars (when he can sneak them from Owen) and "vrooming" them back and forth on the ground.
*Owen's sheer excitement/terror when he hears the garage door open when Brad gets home. Every. Single. Time. That kid is so happy to have Daddy home, but something about the door scares him straight!
*Owen not wanting to fall asleep the other night. We hear tip toeing outside of the office where we are studying. Brad calls out: "Owen?". And we hear the following: "There's a dog in my room!". Well that's a new one! Guess the old "I'm thirsty" "I have to go potty" "I'm hungry" "I'm scared" just wouldn't cut it this time!
*Porter is *this* close to walking. He can do about 2-3 steps, but he loves the praise of being able to "walk". Sometimes he will take 1 step & then fling himself from my lap to Brad and look to us for cheers-- apparantly that is walking to him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment