Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Heaven Help Me...



This picture can only describe how I am feeling to an extent...

You know something is up when the 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency calls to meet you at your home on a Monday night...

As of next Wednesday I will no longer stay up past 10 pm

As of next Wednesday I will be up every morning by 5:30 am

As of next Wednesday I will be an early morning Seminary teacher

Like I said before... heaven help me!

7 comments:

Ken said...

Congradulations Lauren !
Now teach your Dad a thing or two.
I can't think of a better way to keep yourself reading the scriptures regularly and learning the Gospel the way teaching seminary provides. Good luck and share your experiences with us.

Love,
Uncle Ken

Jill Revell said...

Holy Cow!!!! That is a huge calling! You will do a great job and learn a lot.

Aundrea said...

WOW!! What an amazing experience to have at such a great time in your life. I'm excited for you, but at the same time, nervous for you, just as you must be. You'll do a great job and the kids will love you!
You'll have to let us know how your first day/week went/goes.

Good Luck!!

Sean and Abby said...

NO WAY!!! you'll be a great seminary teacher...all the kids will love you.

Can't wait to hear updates...

Ken said...

Lauren,

I must share a story with your blogging audience. Marianne and I went to a wedding reception,this evening, of a young man who is the son of one of our past Bishops. He married a girl from Walnut Creek. We were introduced to her parents and Marianne told them that our niece and her husband lives in Walnut Creek. When we told them that your name was Hardcastles, they exclaimed, " they are in our Ward and we love them so ".There names are J. and Rhonda Montgomery and either you or Brad taught one or more of there children in Sunday School or Primary. I don't remember the details but when they asked us to guess what you did in the Ward I said you were teaching Seminary. We loved the reaction from Rhondas husband because your name was evidently just presented to the High Council,{of which he is a member}and he said it wasn't public yet. It is now! Rhonda said you will do an awesome job.

Small world we live in, huh!

Uncle Ken

'Cus and Britt said...

You will be perfect for this! I am so excited for you!

jax said...

No way! That is unreal! You will do such a great job at it though, Lauren. I was sitting in my institute class today and thinking how great it must be to be an institute/seminary teacher. Now you can tell me all about it! Good luck!