Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In need of some advice...

Being apart of all of the wedding festivities a few weeks ago got me reminiscing about my own wedding over two years ago. I thought about the beautiful weather, the friends and family who came far and wide to be there, I thought about the things I loved and the things I would have loved to change... (don't we all?)

And then I thought about how it's been almost 2 1/2 years and I have still yet to do any work on my wedding album. Nothing. Zero. Zip. I still haven't printed my open house pictures. How sad is that? And so, I decided that that is my summer project. Except...I don't even know where to start!!

Our photographer gave us DVD's of all of the pictures that she took. I love having digital copies of the photos... all 1,000 of them... but sorting through those will be a challenge
in and of itself.

So I am asking for any advice, tips, points-in-the-right-direction, etc. that you can give me! Has anyone else attempted or completed their wedding album or am I the only one? Is it worth my time/effort or should I pay to have someone else do it?

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed and am starting to remember why I put off this project in the first place...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem, so many pictures!! What I did was set a number for each significant event. Like pick only 5 from the wedding pictures, 5 from the day of, 5 of the family....etc....and print my five favorite of each and put those into a album (5 is just an example). That way you get your favoirtes from each important part of the day......

Quinn and Ashley said...

Jasmene made one for me for a wedding present. How she did it was made an album, do as many "empty" pages as you want, then fill it with pictures. Then you know how much it is going to cost, because scrapbooking can add up quick!! I know! hopefully that makes sense!

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Hey Lauren. I now work for a digital scrapbooking company called Heritage Makers. This is a great way to make an album and it's so simple. They have premade wedding templates and you can drag and drop your photos, or you can create your own crafty pages. I did my wedding album with a premade template in 2 hours! You can visit www.smilesremembered.com and that's my site and if you look through the template gallery you can see some options. Then email me (jessica@smilesremembered.com) and I can tell you more. This is a great option to finally DO something with those beautiful photos! The albums come out so beautiful. I'm so proud to show off mine!

Carissa said...

I did the exact same thing--I barely got a wedding photo album put together about a year ago. I am NOT a scrapbooker. (No offense to those who thrive on it, but I can't stand it.) I DO love photographs, though, and considering all your photos are digital, I recommend ordering a photobook online from either photoworks.com or shutterfly.com, but Jessica's site sounds good, too. If you email me or send me your email address I can share our book with you.

Whitney said...

We miss you guys! How is the apartment? Any newcomers yet? Emmy and I were talking about Otter Pops today and thought of you guys.

Cait said...

Walgreens has an online sale of prints right now. I just uploaded like 100 pictures and then they send them to a walgreens close by and you pick em up. It was only 10 bucks.

But I'm with Erin on this one. Just set a limit for how many from each event. Its really easy to say" I like them all" and to want to put everything in the scrapbook (hence me buying 100 prints, which is a lot! :)