So without further adieu, here's my attempt to blog about one crazy month!
I'll spare you the pictures and details about Girls Camp, except to say that is was great being at Rucker Lake with such amazing girls. I was the leader for the 11-12 year old girls and I wasn't quite sure how it would go. Let's be honest here, I look 12 years old myself so I didn't know how the girls would accept me as their "leader". And you better believe at least once a day I was mistaken for a girl and not a leader... I even got in trouble once for walking without a buddy! Also, being new to the stake I don't know many people from other wards, so I was nervous about getting to know all these new people. Silly, right? Well, everything turned out better than I expected! It wasn't that long ago that I was at camp myself, and to see how mature and strong in the gospel these girls are was amazing. And not only that, but I survived the week with only 1 mosquito bite! Woohoo!
Our next adventure for the month was Beach Week. For those of you who don't know, this is an annual tradition for my family and about 15-20 other families from our ward. We go to San Elijo State Beach for a week and... you guessed it: enjoy the beautiful beach! My family hasn't been able to go for 2 years due to strategically-placed mission calls and unexpected hospital stays... but this year we went and the Hardcastle's came down from Utah to join us. It was a lot of fun and just what I needed after a week of 20 preteen girls ;)
Believe it or not, my first time boogie boarding.
Taryn- oh how I wish I could tan like her...
The only extra rash guard we had was about 5 sizes too small... but that didn't stop Brad from wearing it all week!
They each tried their luck with surfing. I think Spencer stayed up the longest? It was fun watching them learn!
Our crazy mama's fed us yummy food all week!
Making woofums! (Refrigerated biscuits that you cook like a marshmallow, then fill up with delicious goodies like whipped cream, chocolate, etc!)
Enjoying a woofum
Us Hardcastle's took some family pictures at La Jolla Shores one morning. They turned out really cute!
The Urry's tried to get in on the family picture action...and even though we aren't matching (or wearing makeup) it didn't turn out half bad!
It was a wonderfully relaxing week, and great to be with both families. We are so lucky that they get along so well, and like to be around each other! Can't wait until next year!Coming soon: New York trip of Niagara Falls, Palmyra church history, and wedding pictures!
7 comments:
Oh I love the beach! Your Hardcastle family picture turned out really cute. Looks like you guys are enjoying yourself in CA
Missed all the ffun this year but I"m enjoying it through memories of the past and your photo's. Love ya mimi Fox
lots of fun for you guys! what's a woofum?? it looks good.
Yes you are VERY lucky they get along so well and love to be around each other-count your lucky stars! And I can't believe that was your first time boogie boarding!!! All those years of us going to the beach...disgrace.
What a fun month!! I am jealous of your time at the beach...I love to go to the beach. Can't wait to see your pictures of NY.
Wow you are people on the go!
Anna McF
oh man, woofums! I haven't had one in years! the memories...
Post a Comment