Thursday, June 14, 2012

Memorable Memorial

For Memorial Weekend this year Brad really wanted to go camping... I wasn't totally sold until we found a great deal on a cute cabin in Heber City.  A/C, heater, running water, kitchen, separate room for Owen... I was sold.  We headed up Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning.  The weather was a little stormy Saturday, but it hit right during naptime so we were dry and all was well.  Friday night Brad did a little fishing and then we drove up to Cascade Springs (off of the Alpine Loop).  It was gorgeous!  We were close to dusk, so we couldn't stay long, another visit is in the future.
 Owen & I hanging out while Brad fished.

 The beginning of Cascade Springs

 Beautiful!


An attempted self-picture after I headed back to the car.

Saturday we did a little outlet shopping in Park City, and then hit up Main Street after naps. After some yummy pizza we headed back for a night of smores and movies. It was the perfect quick getaway with just our family.


 Park City Main Street

 Owen was being a little 'less-than-pleasant' until the food came.  This boy loves his pizza!   


We spent Monday with Brad's family up at a family friend's property in Spanish Fork. The men enjoyed the fishing, I enjoyed hanging by the water and eating way too many snacks, and Owen enjoyed was obsessed with throwing rocks in the water... I think he did it for 3+ hours. I don't know how, but they convinced me to do some fishing too, and I caught my first fish. Woohoo!? :/

I think they were already fishing less than 5 minutes after arriving...

What Owen did the-entire-time!

Success!
Owen was a little unsure about the fish... but he eventually touched it.  Followed immediately by a full-body shiver.  I completely understood!
Getting ready to catch my fish... I think Brad was a little more excited than I was
(22 week belly)
Success!  Now where is the hand sanitizer??!!

Overall a great weekend spent with my favorite people!  Very grateful for those that serve (and have served) our country to make memories like these possible!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Nice catch! Your bump is adorable :)

The Todds said...

So fun! Sounds like your kind of camping Lo, way to go Brad! And I can't believe you caught your first fish! Good going! I've been fishing my whole life and not one stinkin fish!!
I can't wait to see your cute self next week! I think I kinda forgot you were pregnant until I saw this picture. Not that I really forgot of course, but the visual caught me by surprise! See you soon!