Friday, December 14, 2012

Mimi's Extended Visit

The day after Porter's blessing Brad went on a business trip to India for 12 days!  Because my family was already in town, I was able to convince my mom to stick around for another week so I wasn't alone.  I don't think I could have survived without her!  I have been spoiled having her here so often since Porter was born.  The next trip out our way isn't until March-- I hope it comes quickly because we all love her (& the kids') visits. 

We spent the majority of her time sitting at the kitchen table in our PJ's sewing Owen's Christmas present-- a quiet book that has been 10 months in the making.  7 days, 40+ hours later, and all that is left is the cover.  Once it is fully complete, you better believe I'm posting that baby on here!  I couldn't have finished it without my mom's expert sewing skills... if I was doing it alone, Owen would be lucky to get it before he turned 5. 

Between our sewing parties, we lived it up at Costco (have to go at least once when she's here), Tai Pan, Wood Connection, and Iceberg (Twice!  Love those shakes.)  She also stocked my freezer with meals and cookies.  Lucky me!

 Mimi & Owen making some yummy cookies!
 
 
 We put up the Christmas decorations while she was here. I couldn't wait 2 whole weeks until Brad got back! Here's Owen "hanging" his first ornament.
 
 
 
 P-man spent a lot of time chilling in his swing. Not that he minded... he loves that thing!  

 Thank you Mom/Mimi!  We sure love you! 

1 comment:

Lindsey Bunjes said...

Sounds like fun! Can I make a reservation to see everyone on that March visit?