This past Memorial Weekend (yes, almost two weeks ago!) Brad and I braved the stormy Utah weather and went camping with our good friends the Bakers! We went to Hobble Creek in Springville, and the weather report for the whole weekend said rain, thunder, and lightening. But we didn't care! And it turned out wonderful- maybe a total of 15 minutes of rain the whole time. We were so glad we decided to go! It was nice to get away from Provo for a couple days and just relax. We kept busy with delicious tin foil dinners, starbursts, watching Brad fish, going shooting, playing some softball, and just hanging out around our camp. Speaking of which, our camp was huge! Brad and I were able to get to the campsite early on Friday and got the best campsite. It was at the end, completely secluded from all other campers, and right next to the creek.
Here are some pictures from the trip!

Brad fishing near the lake

Staying warm near the fire/eating our delicious tin-foil dinners! YUM!

Playing softball. You can see our huge campsite in the back.

Brad doing a little shooting

Me doing a little shooting. Although I was a little nervous, it was so fun!

Brad went on a hike for this beautiful view

We are so excited to be camping!
Needless to say Brad and I are excited to move close to the lovely California beaches, but sad to leave the beautiful Utah mountains. We will definitely miss having them so close.
3 comments:
I hope you are still planning on going camping with us when we visit Utah. We can't wait! The kids have been sleeping in their sleeping bags for almost 2 weeks now!
The camping looks like fun. We have been looking for a cool place to go for 4th of July weekend, we may call you to find out more about that place. When do you all move? We should have gotten together while we were all so close, but we both know how quickly time flies. Talk to you soon!
fun! I want to go camping...and Sean and I love to fish, we should go together sometime.
Post a Comment