Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December festivities

(Published a few backdated posts today, don't miss the others!)
One more reason to love having a little one around: Brad can't complain about me wanting to do any and everything Christmas this year!  All I have to remind him is that it's Owen's first Christmas, so we have to do it!

I started off the month with my annual Christmas craft with the Hardcastle ladies.  This year we made Christmas countdown blocks, and they turned out really cute!

Next, we had an FHE activity where we decorated gingerbread houses.  Owen was a little fussy (past his bed time) so I held him while Brad worked his magic.  He did the entire house himself, while I cheered him on and ate candy.




Next item on our December to-do was to spend an afternoon in Salt Lake at the Gateway & Temple Square.  I was so excited for Owen to see all the lights,  I knew he would be mesmerized by them.  But he decided the lights were overrated and instead slept the entire time we were downtown! Oh well, that excursion was mostly for me anyways.  I love Temple Square when it is all lit up.  It's gorgeous!


Last, and best, of all we took Owen to see Santa.  I was so curious how it would go down: would Owen sleep through it all, cry, not care one bit???  Well folks, he loved Santa and the picture did not disappoint.  Is this not the cutest picture ever?  

That smile just melts me!

We are looking forward to the week ahead: family Christmas parties,  lunch with visiting friends, and a white Christmas with the Hardcastles.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: